Pepperland Marketing is a digital marketing agency located in Cheshire, Connecticut offering marketing services and consulting to higher education and primary/secondary education industries.
We are looking for a Senior Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to join our team in a fully remote or hybrid setting. This person will be responsible for leading and executing SEO for multiple clients to increase organic traffic in support of their sales and marketing goals. The ideal candidate loves to get their hands dirty with challenging tasks, and loves talking about those efforts just as much. The candidate should be highly engaged in the SEO community, and interested in sharing their knowledge and expertise with the clients we serve.
In this role you will:
- Complete a broad range of SEO tasks, ranging from the fairly routine and mundane to highly technical and complex.
- Audit large websites to uncover issues and opportunities. Interpret crawl data to identify and explain the root cause of the issue, prioritizing recommendations based on complexity, impact, alignment with business goals and likelihood of success.
- Explain complex concepts in easy to understand ways when needed, and in highly technical terms in others.
- Act as an interpreter and liaison between marketers/business stakeholders and technical teams, translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Search for new organic growth opportunities when the impact of traditional efforts begin to stall or decay.
- Prepare reports and documentation such as: technical audits, keyword research, content audits, content optimizations, and SEO briefs.
- Collaborate with junior and mid-level SEO professionals on the team, serving as a technical resource and mentor.
- Routinely share trends, knowledge, tips and tricks both internally and externally, through chat messages, social media postings, blog content and speaking engagements.
- SEO: Sitebulb, AHREFS, Google Search Console, Chrome DevTools
- CMS: HubSpot CMS, Wordpress
- Code: VS Code, GitHub
- Reporting: Databox, Data Studio, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Analytics: GA4, Google Tag Manager
- 5+ years of experience in an SEO focused role. 3+ years of experience in an agency or consulting role.
- Mastery of SEO skills.
- Python, API, Node.js experience a plus.
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and communication skills.
- Track record of writing helpful, research-backed content that rises to the top of search results while solving both the searcher’s needs and your client’s business goals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, deeply curious, hungry to learn new skills and continuously aiming to improve, self-directed, motivated to succeed.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment where tight deadlines must be met and the next challenge is always waiting for you.
- Experience working directly for or supporting a college, university, or online learning platform in an SEO or digital marketing focused role is highly preferred.
- Remote Work: Pepperland team members have the opportunity to work remotely, while always maintaining the option to work safely in our Cheshire office.
- Work Life Balance: Work should not be your life. We offer flexible working schedules to fit every individual. We encourage you to use part of each day for your physical, emotional and mental health! We also provide you with plenty of time off to recharge.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies including disability coverage.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for new parents and families.
- Peppergear: Equipment you need to get the job done. Swag, too.
- Simple IRA: Contribution option with company matching after one year
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled virtual events and in person meet ups and retreats throughout the year.
- Keep Learning: At Pepperland, we believe learning never stops. Your manager will create a personalized plan for you to accomplish whatever goals you set. We will continue to provide learning & development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
$55-65K/year+ based on experience
We are proud to be Open to All! We believe everyone should be welcome regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, immigration status, religion or disability. We believe we all have something to contribute. We believe we can all learn from each other. We believe that when we work together, when we value our employees, when we care for our customers and each other, we all thrive.